August 21-26, 2021: IJCAI-21 diversity program
Participation in AI by groups that are underrepresented in computer science is a fraction of what is needed to have an AI workforce that reflects the diversity in society. Diversity has many facets, including race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, cultural background, and geographic region.
We would like to invite submissions of proposals for activities that will help broaden participation in the AI field. Activities can range from meetings for specific groups, to panels, workshops to discuss the situation and propose changes, reports on outreach activities, and more.
Requirements for Proposal Submission
Workshop proposals should be submitted electronically as a single PDF file via email to DIfirstname.lastname@example.org. We will continue to process submissions as they arrive until Aug 1.
The proposals should be short (2 pages in pdf format +1 page for bios) and address the following:
- What activity is proposed and its specific objectives?
- The names, email addresses, URLs, and brief CVs of organizing committee members.
- What is the target audience (academics, industry, graduate students, undergraduate students, etc)?
- What is the expected number of participants?
- Duration of the proposed activity and proposed schedule
- Will the activity be by invitation only or will it need an open call for participation/registration/submission, and what is the expected timeline (call out, deadline, notification)?
- Advertisement strategy: how will the event be advertised on mailing lists and social media?
- Willingness of online event organization: IJCAI 2021 will be held online in virtual Montreal. Please describe your plan for conducting a virtual only event.
Please send all questions to the IJCAI 2021 Diversity and Inclusion Chairs (DIemail@example.com), Gita Sukthankar and Min Zhang.